· Special Interest Groups (SIGS)
· Interactive email list discussion
· Conference and workshop scholarships
· Special conference and workshop
offers for Chapter Delegates
· Comprehensive four-level
internationally accepted Education Program
· Opportunities to take exams and
fulfill requirements to join the ranks of highly regarded Certified
· Participation in an association of
like-minded people devoted to Building community through Astrological
Education and Research.
How to Start
1) Bring together in a locale at least 10 NCGR members in
Write up the by-laws to guide your Chapter's activities.
You can write your own bylaws but they must
reflect the objectives of NCGR and be compatible with NCGR's national
bylaws as posted on this web site. Note that Article XIV
that Chapter bylaws "shall conform to the national bylaws and not
contradict them in any way." Contact the Director of Chapter Affairs
and Development for an example to follow.
In addition, your bylaws should reflect the goals
and aspirations of your particular group and include a description of
Board positions, terms of office, programs to be offered, detailing
frequency of meetings and newsletters, as well as anything else to
specify activities and clarify how your group will operate.
3) Elect a Board .
Includes at least President, Vice-president, Secretary, Treasurer, and
Program Director/Newsletter Editor.
4) Select an official starting date.
Provides your Chapter with an official horoscope.
Choose a name for your Chapter.
A Chapter name generally reflects your geographical location or a name
that is meaningful to your group.
up a bank account in the Chapter's name.
When the above 6 items are completed, send the results to the Director
of Chapter Affairs and Development.
Your request will be reviewed, and if complete,
your Chapter will be presented at the next Board meeting for official
approval. (The Board meets biannually, and occasionally by
conference call.) You might opt for a particular meeting,
the time of presentation to the Board also creates a secondary
horoscope for your Chapter.
After approval, the Chapter remains under provisional status for one
During that year, keep the Board informed of your activities, through
the Regional Coordinator assigned to your group. Chapters
maintain a certain level of activity and the required number of members
to be established Chapters of NCGR.
To Help Form
1) Your group can be listed as a "Chapter Forming" in NCGR's bimonthly
memberletter. Send the proposed name of your group, contact
names and numbers, and at
least one e-mail address to memberletter Editor, so that interested
persons in your area can contact you.
Support forming your group with printed materials from national.
Request past memberletters and brochures about
NCGR (from the Membership Director), and information on NCGR's
excellent educational program and curriculum requirements for taking
tests (from the Directors of Education ).
Additional assistance through your Regional Coordinator and the
Director of Chapter Affairs and Development.
1) Maintain a minimum of 10 NCGR members.
2) Provide regular meetings
3) Submit a yearly Treasurer's Report to the national Treasurer to
obtain rebates for NCGR members.
4) Submit a yearly President's Report , outlining the group's
activities and accomplishments for the year.
National Support for your Chapter:
1) Chapter listing in memberletter along with announcements and news.
2) Listing on the NCGR website under Chapters.
3) Space on the NCGR website for a page or link for your Chapter,
including your announcements and events!
4) Coordinators to work with you by region and internationally.
5) Speaker network.
6) Printed materials from national.
7) Quantity discounts on publications for raising funds.
8) Network resource system of many chapters, regionally and nationally.
Request past memberletters , brochures about NCGR
(from the Membership Secretary), information on NCGR's excellent
educational program and curriculum requirements for taking tests (from
the Directors of Education ) and publications for resale (from the
Executive Director; some can be obtained at a discount by the Chapter).